The 2026Agenda team would like to thank those of you who have contributed to the draft action plan with feedback and suggestions.
The Action Plan presents 32 high priority initiatives and a roadmap to drive the 2026 Spatial Industry Transformation and Growth Agenda. This draft Action Plan has been created in consultation with the Australian spatial sector.
Since it started in July 2016, the 2026Agenda has engaged more than 400 individuals, through a combination of Leadership Forums across Australia and one-on-one interviews with representatives of priority sectors including agriculture, health, transport and energy. Online consultation has also occurred.
All 2026Agenda activities to date have been coordinated by a working group jointly chaired by SIBA and the CRC for Spatial Information, including representatives of ANZLIC, Australian Earth Observation Community Coordinating Group (EOCCG), Data 61 (CSIRO), Landgate, Geoscience Australia, the Queensland Department of Natural Resources and Mines, and the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet.
The final Action Plan will be released in the first quarter of 2017, along with a comprehensive resources document including:
- Detail, rationale and ideas for implementation of the 2026Agenda framework and initiatives
- Detailed feedback from the national consultation including the barriers to growth, the needs and the many suggestions that have led to the development of the vision
- An explanation of technical details and acronyms.
Call for action
The 2026Agenda team is coordinating the implementation of initiatives which will commence in 2017. We are seeking participants willing to take a leading role in this next phase.
If you or your organisation wants to help drive this transformation:
- Get involved in the implementation of initiatives by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contribute to the existing ideas in the pipeline, or propose your transformational initiative at https://.2026agenda.useresponse.com
For more details, and to consult the supporting documentation, please visit the 2026Agenda website: www.2026agenda.com or send us an e-mail at email@example.com
Download a copy of the 2026Agenda Action Plan